JackFruit Papad | Made with Organic Jackfruit
Buy Jackfruit Papad the exotic fruit papad from North KarnatakaBuy Papad that is minimally processed and that which does not contain a cocktail of synthetic chemicals and preservatives. Enjoy the unique taste of papad made from wholesome and organically grown jackfruit.
The raw jack fruit is boiled, mashed, pressed and sun-dried to prepare tasty jackfruit papad, which is locally known as ‘halasina hannu happala’ in North Karnataka.
A dash of chilli powder is added for a touch of flavour. These crunchy papads can be used as snacks, as an accompaniment with rice or biryani, or for garnishing.
Jackfruit Papad Culinary Use
1. Jackfruit Papads can be had as a snack or appetizer, or as an accompaniment with rice or biryani. There are a lot innovative ways to create delicious snacks and munchies out of these crunchy papads.
2. Tasty snacks can be prepared with these fruit papads by topping it with onions, green chillies, tomatoes, coriander leaves and a bit of green chutney to enhance the taste.
For a non vegetarian variation, top it with roasted chicken, spiced keema, chopped pepperoni, chopped onions and tomatoes.
3. You could also cut the papad into triangular shapes and fry it and have it like nachos!
4. Papad chaat can be prepared using crushed papad, finely chopped tomatoes and onions, boiled potato, and chutneys or other zesty dips.
5. Papad Bruschetta can be prepared with papad topped with a flavourful mix of chopped onions, tomatoes, lemon juice, coriander leaves and olive oil.
Organic Jackfruit Nutrition & Health Benefits
Jackfruit is a store house of micro-nutrients and macro nutrients, and is rich in dietary fibre. It releases instant energy as it is easily digestible.
The calcium content in it helps to strengthen your bones. Being a good source of pottasium, it helps to regulate blood pressure.Storage instructions
To increase the shelf life of papad, keep it in an airtight container. This will prevent the papad from getting soggy.
Sprinkle a little red chilli powder, or keep some fenugreek in the container to prevent pest attacks.