This Diwali let's go green and give the environment the celebration it deserves!
Diwali is the festival of lights, a time for celebrating and shopping with your loved ones. How can we have a celebration respecting Nature?
1. CELEBRATE A DIWALI WITH "GREEN CRACKERS" OR GO THE WHOLE HOG AND GO "CRACKERLESS"!
Celebrating with fireworks and crackers is fun. However, it causes pollution - both air pollution and noise pollution, worsening our already deteriorating air quality that affects the health of people, especially children.
2. USE EARTHEN LAMPS & DIYAS
Let's use earthen lamps and diyas...
These alpha-numericals are found in most list of ingredients on food products packaging. As consumers, let's be aware of all the items in the Ingredients list.
What are they? Let's find out.
- Synthetic Preservative 211/E211 or Sodium Benzoate
- Based on research, when sodium benzoate reacts with vitamin C or ascorbic acid, it forms benzene, a carcinogen. All citrus fruits used in jams, preserves, jellies and pickles, are rich in vitamic C.
- The rate at which benzene is formed in the packaged jam depends on exposure to light, temperature, as well as the time on...
A traditional crispy snack or a rice accompaniment... the choice is yours with this organic Jack fruit papad!
Homemade, synthetic chemicals free papads have been a part of Indian food for generations, and an intrinsic part of everyday meals with rice. Jack fruit papad is a unique and delectable variant usually made in Karnataka.
Water, water, water... for everything we do we require water. States are fighting for it, and even the Supreme Court has had to step in to try to solve issues relating to this!
When watering our plants, we sometimes end up using a lot of water. This got us thinking. Could we use less water and yet still keep our plants healthy? Turns out we can!
There are a number of ways this could be done. But here are a few simple ones that should be fairly easy to execute.
- Water in the early morning or late afternoon. This...
Milk - ¾ cup
Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Butter – 2 tbsp
Egg - 1